Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of five different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months to a year.
Below are the five parts of an auto policy. Your auto policy may include all five coverages or some of them. Each coverage is priced separately.
- Bodily Injury Liability: For injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP can cover medical payments, lost wages and the cost of replacing services normally performed by someone injured in an auto accident, regardless of fault.
- Property Damage Liability
: For damage the policyholder caused to someone else’s property.
Collision For damage to the policyholder’s car from a collision. The collision could be with another car, a light post, fire hydrant, etc.
- Comprehensive: For damage to the policyholder’s car that doesn’t involve a collision with another car.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage : Covers you as a result of an at fault accident with an uninsured driver. Underinsured motorist coverage can also be included in the auto policy. Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has auto liability insurance, but the limit of insurance is inadequate to pay for your damages.
Save Money NOW with Your Agent at Huntingdon Insurance
Contact the friendly professionals at Huntingdon Insurance today and find out how much money you could be saving right now on automobile insurance.
Call (215) 942-0616 for a FREE No Obligation Quote or contact us via email at email@example.com or use the convenient web form below for a FREE quote or to answer any questions you may have.