5 Ways to Save on Insurance in 2024
If one of your New Years resolutions is to save money, you’re in luck! One of the smartest ways to save is by reviewing your insurance policies to see how and where you can cut costs and save dollars. Here are 5 strategies to get you started:
- Bundling or combining insurance policies for the same household such as auto and home, from the same provider, can help you reap significant savings. Ask your Huntingdon Insurance agent about multiple-policy discounts and how much bundling your policies can save.
- Raising your deductible will lower the cost of your insurance premiums. The higher your deductible, the lower the annual premiums. You may need to pay for smaller repairs out of pocket, but it may be well worth it, since the higher deductible can translate into great savings.
- Improving or maintaining your credit can also lower the cost of your insurance. For most insurance companies, credit score affects the price you pay, and working on improving your credit score can significantly help you reduce premiums if your credit is less ideal. If you already have great credit, maintaining you credit score is also important.
- Paying your annual premium upfront can save money as well. Many companies charge a fee for monthly payments, so paying your bill in its entirety will provide a savings. If that isn’t possible, ask about possible discounts for setting up autopay and paperless, as that can sometimes save you some money as well.
- Track your driving for savings. If you’re OK with using an app or a small device that plugs in under your dashboard to track your driving habits, it could pay off with savings. Your speed, mileage, and total driving time are tracked and used as part of the formula that determines your insurance premium. If you’re a safe driver, this can be a real savings.
Most importantly, take the time to review your policy with your Huntingdon Insurance agent. They can make sure you have the right coverage and that you are taking advantage of all the discounts that can help save you money.