Top 5 Little-Known Insurance Facts
Insurance clients are often mystified by how insurance rates are determined and wonder how they can get the most out of a policy. Surprisingly, there is much a policy-holder can do to control the cost of his/her insurance rates. Using these top 5 tips can help get the biggest bang out of your insurance bucks:
1) Owning a vehicle with safety features such as anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and/or air bags may all help lower your insurance rates.
2) If you have a good driving record, your premiums are likely cost less than a driver whose record reflects accidents and/or tickets. What’s more, companies can cancel a policy for a suspended or revoked license.
3) Membership with professional organizations like AAA can lower your insurance rates. Check with your agent to see which group affiliations will translate to discounts on your insurance.
4) Sports cars or high-performance cars often cost more to insure because of the likelihood of being stolen or involved in an accident. Owning a low-profile vehicle can turn into big savings on insurance. Check out this Forbes article for a list of the cheapest 2014 cars to insure http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2014/02/24/the-cheapest-2014-cars-to-insure/
5) If you own a home, you can be eligible for multi-policy discounts by insuring your car and home with the same company.