5 Great Reasons to Have RV Insurance
Setting out in an RV is a fun, adventurous, and all-American way to relax and visit scenic places without the hassle of booking hotels or worrying about transportation arrangements. For some, RVing is the only way to travel. But in a motor home, things such as stoves, ovens, refrigerators and bathroom facilities – all moving at speeds of up to 55mph (or more) – makes the number of things that can potentially go wrong exponential. If you’re like most people, you might be tempted to think your auto and/or homeowners insurance will cover losses associated with an RV. However, your RV is special and requires special insurance to fully cover the vehicle and it’s contents. Here are 5 major reasons to have RV insurance before hitting the road. It covers:
- Items needed for living in the vehicle, such as refrigerators, stoves, bathroom equipment, etc. and losses due to their use, such as fire/water damage.
- Accessories attached to the motorhome such as awnings, satellite dishes/antennas, roof-top air conditioning systems, etc. that are not covered under auto or home insurance policies.
- Valuables and personal items you take with you, such as jewelry, clothes, and electronics which would not be included in a typical homeowners policy. RV insurance covers these personal belongings you have with you when you’re on the road.
- Hotel and/or other travel or lodging expenses in the event your vehicle is damaged or breaks down. The insurance can also cover towing if the damage prevents your RV from being mobile.
- Liability coverage, to protect traveling companions and/or guard against liability due to accidents or injuries occurring in or around where your RV is parked at a campsite.
For more information on motorhome insurance or for a FREE quote visit our website at www.huntingdonins.com/motorhome or call the friendly professionals at Huntingdon Insurance at (215) 942-0616.